Simulation research on the electromagnetic properties of the ELC resonator in the microwave range
Keywords:electromagnetic radiation absorbers, microwave ELC resonator, metamaterials, interaction of electromagnetic radiation with metamaterial structures
AbstractThe paper concerns modeling and simulation of the interaction of electromagnetic radiation with the metamaterial ELC resonator in the microwave range of 5 GHz to 10 GHz. The simulation was performed using the CST Studio software in the Student version. The result of the simulation is the frequency characteristics of the coefficients of absorption (A), transmission (T) and reflection (R) of the ELC resonator, as well as the values of the real and imaginary parts of electric and magnetic permeability coefficients of that structure. The results obtained suggest that the examined metamaterial structure of the ELC shows strong absorption properties of resonant nature.
Chakraborty, A., 2013, Recent Developments and Analysis of Electromagnetic Metamaterial with All of Its Application in Terahertz Range, IOSR J. Electron. Commun. Eng., vol. 6, pp. 86–93.
2. Djordjevic, A.R., Biljié, R.M., Likar-Smiljanic, V.D., Sarkar, T.K., 2001, Wideband Frequency-Domain Characterization of FR-4 and Time-Domain Causality, IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 43(4), pp. 662-667.
3. Panwar, R., Lee, J.R., 2017, Progress in Frequency Selective Surface-Based Smart Electromagnetic Structures: A Critical Review, Aerospace Science and Technology, vol. 66, pp. 216–234.
4. Panwar, R., Puthucheri, S., Agarwala, V., Singh, D., 2015, Fractal Frequency-Selective Surface Embedded Thin Broadband Microwave Absorber Coatings Using Heterogeneous Composites, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 63(8), pp. 2438-2448.
5. Rothwell, E.J., Frasch, J.L., Ellison, S.M., Chahal, P., Ouedraogo, R.O., 2016, Analysis of the Nicolson-Ross-Weir Method for Characterizing the Electromagnetic Properties of Engineered Materials, Progress In Electromagnetics Research, vol. 157, pp. 31–47.
6. Singh, G., Marwaha, A., 2015, A Review of Metamaterials and Its Applications, Int. J. Eng. Trends Technol., vol. 14, pp. 305–310.
7. Watts, C.M., Liu, X., Padilla, W.J., 2012, Metamaterial Electromagnetic Wave Absorbers, Advanced Materials, vol. 24(23), pp. 98–120.
8. Zhu, W., 2018, Electromagnetic Metamaterial Absorbers: From Narrowband to Broadband, In Metamaterials and Metasurfaces. IntechOpen.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Scientific Journal of Gdynia Maritime University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright to their work, licensing it under the Creative Commons Attribution License Attribution 4.0 International licence (CC BY 4.0) which allows articles to be re-used and re-distributed without restriction, as long as the original work is correctly cited. The author retains unlimited copyright and publishing rights.