About the Journal
The Scientific Journal of Gdynia Maritime University (SJ GMU) is an interdisciplinary periodical published continuously since 1975, presenting original results of empirical and theoretical research. Research works published in the Journal mainly focus on broadly understood maritime issues, namely topics related to scientific disciplines such as marine automation, electronic and electrical engineering, civil engineering and maritime transport, mechanical engineering, management and quality sciences, and Earth and related environmental sciences.
The Scientific Journal of the Gdynia Maritime University (SJ GMU) presents original scientific research papers published for the first time. Articles are published in English and are subject to a “double-blind review process", i.e., the author and reviewers remain anonymous to each other.
This Journal is included in the Polish Ministry of Education and Science's list of scientific journals and peer-reviewed materials from international conferences (40 points).
Aim and scope
Research works published in the Journal mainly focus on broadly understood maritime issues, namely topics related to scientific disciplines such as:
- navigation and maritime transport (maritime navigation, ship operation, maritime safety, geodesy and cartography, transport and logistics, mathematics),
- electrical engineering and electronics (marine electronics, electrical engineering, ship power engineering, maritime telecommunication, marine automation),
- mechanics (mechanics, construction and operation of machines, material engineering, ship engineering, repair technology, physics),
- management commodity science, and economics (commodity science and quality management, industrial commodity and chemistry, environmental protection, information technology, logistics, service economics, economics and economic policy),
- Earth and related environmental sciences.